One of the reasons I love this holiday is because even if you don’t necessarily celebrate the religious side of Christmas, it can still be enjoyed by all. Take me living in a muslim country for instance. My first Christmas here, I worried that there would be no atmosphere, that you might not even be able to get a Christmas tree. But boy was I mistaken! The malls are decked out, and everyone, no matter your religion or background, enjoys the Christmas markets, music and festive parties.
So for the The Christmas Tag, I’ll be answering a series of holiday related questions and nominating some of my favourite bloggers to do the same.
The Christmas Tag Rules:
- Put on your favorite Christmas playlist to listen while answering.
- Have a Christmas drink and/or snack while writing.
- Thank the blogger who tagged you and leave a link to their site.
- Answer the 10 original questions.
- Answer the questions set by whoever tagged you.
- Ask 2 questions of your own.
- Tag 6 bloggers to take part.
The Original Christmas Tag Questions
1. When do your decorations go up?
So, as I mentioned, I’m a little bit of a Christmas fanatic. Ordinarily, my tree goes up at the end of November. This year…..well we all know this year is different. I was a little sick of looking at the four walls in my apartment so I put my tree up on 1 November this year!
Now I know that might seem a little early but compared to the likes of the Philippines, who put their trees up as soon as you hit the ‘ber’ months (i.e. September), it’s not that early.
2. Who is the scrooge in your family or friendship group?
I don’t think there is one really. I’ve definitely had friends who were bordering on Grinch like, but I’ve managed to convert them to Christmas lovers now too.
3. If money was no object, how and where would you spend Christmas?
Ooh this is a tough one! I think I’d definitely like to have all my family, nieces, nephews together. The where doesn’t really matter, although I do like the idea of a huge family cruise together.
4. What Christmas film/movie do you have to watch every festive season?
Just one? I could possibly reduce the list to 5 maybe!
Elf, The Holiday, The Santa Clause, Miracle on 34th Street, Deck The Halls.
5. Who do you find the hardest to buy presents for?
It’s always going to be guys isn’t it. They’re just so hard to buy for!
For the last few years, instead of getting my brother a gift for himself, I’ve gotten something for him and his wife together or something for the house. This year I’ve framed something from my Etsy Printables Shop (hope he doesn’t see this).
6. Would you rather buy lots of little presents for a hamper or buy one big/main present?
I’m definitely a hamper kind of girl. I think it’s really hard to just find one big present and I feel more thought goes into lots of little things.
It’s also nice to open a few different things on Christmas morning rather than just one.
7. What did you leave out for Santa as a child?
Chocolate chip cookies or a mince pie and a glass of milk. We were pretty strict that Santa should not be drink driving his sleigh (not that my dad didn’t want to waste beer that would have to sit there until they were sure we were asleep).
Oh and we always had to leave a carrot out for Rudolph. Now that I think of it, those other poor reindeer must have starved as we only ever left food out for Rudolph!
8. Where did you spend last Christmas?
I made it home last Christmas. I was actually meant to be staying in Dubai and flying to Kilimanjaro on 27 December but for various reasons that had to be postponed and I ended up at home for a quiet Christmas with my mum and sister.
9. Which Christmas song makes you cringe?
Bon Jovi – Back Door Santa. That guy is just not made for Christmas songs. Sorry!
10. If you could be a character in a holiday movie, who would you be and why?
Anna Kendrick in Noelle. Mostly because my sister always said that she would play me in the movie about my life so I think I should be her character in Noelle in return!
1. Do you have a real or artificial Christmas tree?
As much as I love the idea of a real Christmas tree and the fresh pine smell, it’s pretty difficult to find them living in the desert. So I’ve had an 8ft artificial tree for some years now. And here it is in all it’s glory…
2. Which celebrity would you love to spend Christmas with?
The man himself! Santa is a celebrity, right?!